What is a reconditioned wheel?
Most shops have a slighly different reconditiong concepts and procedures.
Our process is quite straight forward:
- Take-off wheels are checked for roundness and structural integrity.
- We strip the finish of the wheel completely, leaving a blank core.
- We prepare the surface of the core for re-finishing.
- We refinish the wheel in their factory color with powder coating.
- Taking care of details. According to their original presentation, some wheels are then submitted to the CNC lathe for a “machined effect”, flance cuts, etc. Other wheels are polished by tool with manual detailing.
- The product is protected with a clear powder coating and cured in the oven for coating eveness and durability.
- The face of a reconditioned wheel should look like new